Don’t let the title of today’s episode put you off. Yes we are talking about control but in relation to freedom, grace and self agency (now there’s a fancy new term for you!). Come along for the ride today as we toss around a whole bunch of our thoughts on how we are in control of our minds, bodies and emotions, how trying to control others generally results in resentment and Kirsty’s hatred of the word ‘should’
just to name a few. Get ready to go deep and reflect on your own mindset around control.
In this episode we:
● Explain and define what we mean by control vs what the world says;
● Remind you that you have the authority to determine what life looks like for you;
● Highlight the importance of knowing that you are in control of your own life;
● Discuss self agency and how that relates to control;
● Challenge you to acknowledge that you don’t need to be given permission;
And so so so so much more…
We hope from this conversation we all learn something and put a smile on your face!
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Freedom & Grace episode
● Judgement Episode
● Willie Nelson quote ‘freedom is control in your own life’
● The book Kirsty was reading ‘The Midnight Library’by Matt Haig
● The Serenity Prayer mentioned by Amy
Special thanks to Thumps777 for your review!!
If you are in a city or country that needs to wear masks at the moment then it’s your turn to write us a review!!
Join our community
● Are you looking for decluttering services near you in Sydney or Melbourne, we would love to help you?
● Our website The Art of Decluttering
● Become a Patron with Patreon – your monthly support makes a huge difference to us being able to produce
this podcast. Support can be as little as $1 a month!
● Follow us on Instagram
● Follow us on Facebook
● Join our Facebook group
● Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to our sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio Productions.
Listener Survery Terms and Conditions:
By entering the ‘Acast &The Art of Decluttering Listener Survey Competition’ you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Who can enter
Entry is open to all participants who complete the Acast & The Art of Decluttering Listener Survey in full, inclusive of the outlined competition question.
How to enter
The competition opens 12:00 am Monday 17th May 2021 and concludes on 11:59pm Sunday 13th June 2021.
In order to enter, eligible entrants must complete the Acast & The Art of Decluttering Listener Survey in full and answer the final question: ‘What is the most memorable podcast ad you have heard and why?’
There will be one (1) prize draw and one (1) winner per Acast Listener Survey. The winner will receive one (1) Visa Gift Card to the value of $100. Total prize value is $100.
How to win
There will be one (1) winner chosen from the total number of entries received.
This is a game of skill whereby the most creative entry to the competition question will be deemed the winner. Completed entries will be reviewed by an Acast judging panel where the top three entries will be selected. The top three entries will then be given to the Acast judge who will choose the final winner. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
The winner will be selected on Monday 14th June 2021 at 12pm.
Acast will contact the winner via email on Monday 14th June 2021 by 5 pm.
The winner has until Monday 21st June by 5 pm to claim their prize.
If the winner does not claim their prize within this time, the winner will forfeit their prize and the runner up will be deemed the winner, at which point they will be contacted via email.
Prize will be fulfilled via email and sent to the details provided by the winner at the time of entry.
The promoter is Acast Australia Level 2, 17 Randle Street Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 Sydney, Australia