Item or Space?
We love using binary decisions as a tool when you have so many decisions to make.
One in particular that we wanted to highlight is today’s episode.
Item or Space?
This can look like:
– deciding whether to keep an item or let it go and gain back some of the physical space it was taking up,
– choosing to rearrange/reorganise the area you’re focusing on and creating more space by changing the layout,
– having a look at your calendar, weighing up your schedule and making adjustments for more white space in your day/week/month.
Asking item or space can basically be used in any area of your life where you need to make decisions!
We hope you gain some tips today that help you feel more empowered in your decision making.
In this episode we;
● Explain what we mean by item or space;
● Remind that every time you make a decluttering decision you are choosing between keeping the item or claiming back the space;
● Highlight the benefits of having space;
● Encourage you to walk through your home and look at everything with fresh eyes;
● Talk about the types of intangible space that can get cluttered;
And so so so so much more…
We hope from this conversation we all learn something and put a smile on your face!
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Need It Episode
● Use It Episode
● Love It Episode
● Binary Decision Episode
● All or Something Episode
● Functional Spaces Episode
● Get Organized (The Home Edit Tv Show on Netflix)
● 100 Day Dream Home (Reno show Kirsty mentions)
Thank you to Kirsty from Tassie for your podcast review!! If you have an ‘R’ in your name then its your turn to leave us a review!
● Our website The Art of Decluttering
● Become a Patron with Patreon – your monthly support makes a huge difference to us being able to produce
this podcast. Support can be as little as $1 a month!
● Follow us on Instagram
● Follow us on Facebook
● Join our Facebook group
● Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to our sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio Productions.