Loss Aversion Theory
Today we attempt to explain Loss Aversion theory. Now, neither of us are economists or behavioural therapists but we try our best to explain what it is and how we see it’s impact on the decluttering process. We also chat Wordle, why Kirsty loves A Country Podcast so much and how Amy has an awe inspiring ability to listen to so many different podcasts! Make sure to listen to the end as we share a couple of the ones we love to listen too.
In this episode we;
● Define loss aversion theory and give examples of what loss aversion theory looks like;
● Share how loss aversion theory relates to decluttering;
● Give suggestions how to hack your brain to make it easier;
● Encourage you that you WILL gain momentum and be able to make really quick decisions;
● Remind you to be mindful and intentional about what you bring into your home in the first place;
And so so so so much more…
We hope from this conversation we all learn something and put a smile on your face!
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● 100 Things to Declutter P2 Episode
● 100 Things to Declutter P3 Episode
● Need It Episode
● Online Selling Episode
List of podcasts we recommend checking out:
● Better than Yesterday Podcast – Osher’s podcast episode with Johann Hari
● No Filter Podcast – Mia freedom interview with Johann Hari
● The Squiz Podcast
● Conversations Podcast
● Mamamia Outloud Podcast
● The Stuff you Should Know Podcast
Thank you to beadmc for your podcast review!! Don’t forget to jump onto Apple Podcast to leave us a review!
Join our community
● Our website The Art of Decluttering
● Become a Patron with Patreon – your monthly support makes a huge difference to us being able to produce
this podcast. Support can be as little as $1 a month!
● Follow us on Instagram
● Follow us on Facebook
● Join our Facebook group
● Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to our sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio Productions.