Join Our Team
JOB TITLE: Professional Organiser
JOB TYPE: Casual employment
LOCATION: On-site at client households across Australia
REMUNERATION: Between $32 an hour plus superannuation (traineeship) and $41 an hour plus superannuation (dependant on experience and expertise).
The Art of Decluttering aims to be the premium place of work for Professional Organisers around Australia. We deeply care for our team members and our clients and want to see them all thriving in freedom and joy.
Working as a Professional Organiser is a very rewarding role where you can come alongside people to help them create a safe, comfortable, functional and welcoming home. Our teams are located across Australia.
A Professional Organiser works with individuals in their homes, garages and off-site storage as well as with businesses to bring order to possessions to improve day to day efficiency and ease of use. A Professional Organiser supports their clients with decision making and taking action, and makes recommendations for organisational systems, storage solutions and waste management. These skills can apply for light situational disorganisation through chronic clutter and disorganisation.
We aim to provide a flexible working environment that allows you to work around the needs of your family and life. Business hours are 9am to 5pm Monday – Saturday; however, we book you out depending on your availability within those hours. Team meetings occur monthly and staff training happens at times throughout the year.
Work will be offered to you based on your stated availability and location as well as by client choice, and is subject to incoming new business being available.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Listening, coaching & emotional support of clients.
Decluttering, organising and rearranging of furniture and belongings.
Support our NDIS clients to manage their physical and psycho-social disabilities in relation to clutter with care and respect.
Ensure services provided are in alignment with the client’s vision & goals and are relevant to improving the home environment.
Lifting, packing, delivering items to op-shops and rubbish removal.
Assisting clients to select storage solutions, furniture and furnishings.
Relocation support including decluttering, packing and unpacking.
Maintain a safe workspace, and abide by good workplace health and safety practices.
The successful applicant:
- Is an empathetic and caring person who can listen without judgement and bias, help clients to focus on their goals, help them stay on task and will celebrate their successes all whilst maintaining good professional boundaries.
- Is well organised and can help make a home work and function well for people who live in the home.
- Has good familiarity of decluttering and home organisation concepts and practices
- Is comfortable to work in homes in ANY condition – from mild disorganisation to chronic clutter and disorganisation. This can sometimes mean that spaces in the home are in disrepair and unhygienic.
- Can respectfully work with people with a physical or psycho-social disability, the elderly and the unwell.
- Is a lifelong learner, focused on personal development and skill upgrade.
- Has excellent communication skills, is reliable and professional.
- Is known for their positivity and open-minded nature.
Independent learner and worker
In order to qualify for this role, you must have or be able to provide/use:
Working With Children Check
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination
Own car with the capacity to remove household items for donation
Full and unrestricted drivers licence
Full range of physical movement and an ability to lift items without restriction
This is an excellent opportunity for people looking for casual work within school hours which will build up over time. You must be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week, Monday to Saturday.