Share the Dignity
*Trigger warning – this episode covers topics including homelessness, fleeing or living in crisis, foster care, domestic violence*
After chatting about Sanitary Products earlier in the week, Kirsty and Amy then had the pleasure of interviewing the beautiful Rochelle Courtenay CEO of Share the Dignity. Be inspired as she shares the story of how this amazing charity was started. Have you heard about the It’s in the Bag Campaign and wondered where it came from? Make sure you tune in to find out! Have your tissues ready as you listen to this incredibly passionate CEO who is a true champion for women and their dignity.
In this episode we:
- Share about the impact COVID has had on homelessness and Share the Dignity;
- Highlight the horrendous conditions of period poverty and what we can do to help;
- Challenge you to jump on board and join the It’s in the Bag Campaign;
- Learn what to (and what not to) include when making up your bag;
- Encourage you to take action and have a conversation;
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Share the Dignity Website
● Share the Dignity Facebook Page
● Share the Dignity Instagram
● Sanitary Products Episode
Don’t forget to use a yellow ribbon for a teen bag and purple ribbon for a mum & bub bag
Thank you so much to Rochelle for taking the time to chat with us.
Join our community
- Become a Patron – your monthly donation makes a huge difference to me being able to produce this podcast. Donations can be as little as $1 a month!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook group
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to my sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio.