This week’s episode was recorded on RUOk Day, so we took the opportunity to check in on each other and to have a little chat about how this never ending lockdown is going for us. As you may have noticed our topic for today is self-sabotage. After this theme popped up in a few virtual sessions recently, we decided it was worth a whole episode. We look at lots of good ideas and tips on how you can interrupt this pattern of behaviour, as well as delving into what actually is self-sabotage, what does it look like and why on earth we do it?! We hope you find today’s episode to be helpful and empowering.
In this episode we:
● Discuss what self-sabotage is and what it can look like;
● Ask why we do self-sabotage and how often do we engage in it;
● Emphasise the importance of learning more about yourself;
● Chat about using The Four Tendencies as a helpful tool;
● Discuss self-sabotage in the context of decluttering;
● Highlight the importance of building habits and putting supports in place;
● Encourage you to set realistic expectations and be gentler with yourself;
And so so so so much more…
We hope from this conversation we all learn something and put a smile on your face!
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Mindtools.com definition
● Gretchen Rubin Episode
● Micro Declutter Episode
● Mental Health Care Episode
● RU Ok Day Episode
● The 4 Tendencies Quiz
● The Four Tendencies Chart
Special thanks to lashtonz and ms.cnr for your reviews!! We’d love it if you could leave us a review; we love love LOVE hearing from our listeners!
Join our community
● Are you looking for decluttering services near you in Sydney or Melbourne, we would love to help you?
● Our website The Art of Decluttering
● Become a Patron with Patreon – your monthly support makes a huge difference to us being able to produce
this podcast. Support can be as little as $1 a month!
● Follow us on Instagram
● Follow us on Facebook
● Join our Facebook group
● Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to our sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio Productions.