Join Our Team
The Art of Decluttering aims to help people find freedom from clutter, allowing them to live an intentional and fulfilled life. This is done through hands-on coaching services to help clients achieve their individual goals.
Working as a Professional Organiser is a very rewarding role. Professional Organisers help people declutter and organise their homes, reduce items they no longer need, implement storage solutions; to improve day-to-day efficiency and ease of use. It is a privilege to come alongside people to help them create safe, comfortable, functional and welcoming homes. Our teams are located across Australia.
A Professional Organiser supports their clients with decision-making and taking action, and makes recommendations for organisational systems, storage solutions and waste management. These skills can apply to light situational disorganisation through chronic clutter and disorganisation.
We aim to provide a flexible working environment that allows you to work around the needs of your family and life. Work is offered based on individual availability and location as well as by client choice, and is subject to incoming new business being available.
- Main duties and responsibilities:
– Working with clients in the decluttering and organising process to achieve their goals for their homes
– Working with other Professional Organisers, as directed
– Decluttering, organising, cleaning, room design, storage solution selection, and styling
– Learning to provide an individual approach to each client, taking into account any requirements or considerations such as physical and/or psycho-social disabilities
– Physical activities such as lifting items, packing, delivering items to op-shops, and rubbish removal
– Lifting, packing, delivering items to op-shops and rubbish removal
– Assisting clients to select storage solutions and furniture
– Relocation support including packing, unpacking, and coordinating other services
- The successful applicant:
– Is an empathetic and caring person who can listen without judgement and bias, help clients to focus on their goals, help them stay on task and will celebrate their successes all whilst maintaining good professional boundaries.
– Is well organised and can help make a clients home function well for people who live in the home.
– Has good familiarity with decluttering and home organisation concepts and practices
– Is comfortable working in homes in ANY condition – from mild disorganisation to chronic clutter and disorganisation. This can sometimes mean that spaces in the home are in disrepair and unhygienic.
– Can respectfully work with people with a physical or psycho-social disability, the elderly and the unwell.
– Is a lifelong learner, focused on personal development and skill upgrade.
– Has excellent communication skills, is reliable and professional.
– Is known for their positivity and open-minded nature.
- In order to qualify for this role, you must have or be able to provide/use:
– Police Check
– Working With Children Check
– Proof of COVID 19 vaccination
– Access to a car with the capacity to remove household items for donation
– Full and unrestricted drivers licence
– Full range of physical movement and an ability to lift items without restriction
This is an excellent opportunity for people looking for casual work within school hours which will build up over time. You must be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week, Monday to Saturday.