Don’t let the title of today’s episode put you off. Yes we are talking about control but in relation to freedom, grace and self agency (now there’s a fancy new term for you!). Come along for the ride today as we toss around a whole bunch of our thoughts on how we are in control of our minds, bodies and emotions, how trying to control others generally results in resentment and Kirsty’s hatred of the word ‘should’ just to name a few. Get ready to go deep and reflect on your own mindset around control.
In this episode we:
- Explain and define what we mean by control vs what the world says;
- Remind you that you have the authority to determine what life looks like for you;
- Highlight the importance of knowing that you are in control of your own life;
- Discuss self agency and how that relates to control;
- Challenge you to acknowledge that you don’t need to be given permission;
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Willie Nelson quote ‘freedom is control in your own life’
● The book Kirsty was reading ‘The Midnight Library’ by Matt Haig
● The Serenity Prayer mentioned by Amy
Special thanks to Thumps777 for your review!!
If you are in a city or country that needs to wear masks at the moment then it’s your turn to write us a review!!
Join our community
- Become a Patron – your monthly donation makes a huge difference to me being able to produce this podcast. Donations can be as little as $1 a month!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook group
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to my sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio.