Does expectation drive you into action or do you feel it sets you up for disappointment?
Can your expectations daunt you or spur you on?
Today we explore these and more when it comes to how we respond to the expectations we put on ourselves. Get ready to ask yourself ‘why’ A LOT in an effort to help you better understand what kinds of stories you are telling yourself that then lead to the creation of your expectations. It’s not easy when missed expectations cause discouragement or disappointment, so we hope that you come away from this episode with a greater understanding of how to set yourself up for success with your great expectations.
In this episode we;
- Follow on from last week’s episode and chat about happiness vs joy;
- Challenge you to go after joy rather than chasing after happiness;
- Suggest having an open mind when it comes to expectations can reduce our ability to be disappointed;
- Highlight the importance of questioning yourself and where your expectations have come from;
- Give suggestions of how to adjust to having more realistic expectations;
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
And if you haven’t signed up for our weekly newsletter then just send us an email at hell[email protected] and ask us to put you on the list!
Thank you to JessieNell for your podcast review!! If you are currently residing in a country other than the one you were born, in then its your turn to leave us a review!
Join our community
- Become a Patron – your monthly donation makes a huge difference to me being able to produce this podcast. Donations can be as little as $1 a month!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook group
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to my sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio.