Today we tackle one of the big decluttering hurdles – sentimentality. What happens when you live with someone who has a different level of sentimentality? We received and email this week from the lovely Tarren requesting tips and tricks for getting her very sentimental husband on board with the decluttering journey. So get ready Tarren and listeners we have filled this episode with practical tips and advice on how to navigate through the memories and sentimentality that can get brought up when you are decluttering. Whether you are the sentimental one or it’s your kids, parents, friend or partner, we hope that in Amy’s words we can show you there is nothing wrong with being sentimental, we just want to help you find the freedom within it!
In this episode we;
- Discuss how sentimental each person in the Farrugia and Revel Families are;
- Highlight that a person might not be sentimental about everything thing but in fact just one particular area;
- Offer advice to Tarren and suggest great questions to ask to dig a little deeper;
- Share how to set up limits and systems for those sentimental items you are intentionally keeping;
- Remind you that memories aren’t in the item and suggest some ways you can keep the memories alive and let go of the clutter;
Thank you to Horto31 from Hobart for your podcast review!! We love hearing from our listeners so jump onto apple podcast and leave us a review!
Join our community
- Become a Patron – your monthly donation makes a huge difference to me being able to produce this podcast. Donations can be as little as $1 a month!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook group
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
Thank you to my sound engineer, Jarred from Four4ty Studio.